Terms & Conditions
1. These terms and conditions together with any specific rules set out in any Competition Notices are the Competition Rules ("Rules") and apply to competitions ("Competition") featuring in any Ultimate Homes publications and/or on any Ultimate Homes Internet site unless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
2. Rules specific to each Competition are displayed in a notice on the page for such Competition ("Competition Notice") or in a notice in which the Competition appeared and are incorporated into the Rules. In the event of discrepancy between these terms and conditions and these Competition Notice, the terms and conditions shall prevail.
3. Ultimate Homes reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Ultimate Homes’ reasonable control. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or the Competition Notice.
4. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Competition, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom. The details you provide with your competition entry ("Entry") may be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct.
6. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Ultimate Homes reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
7. Ultimate Homes assumes that by reading the publication or by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over.
8. Ultimate Homes reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
9. In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Ultimate Homes in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
10. Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed (except where the Competition Notice states that more than one entry can be submitted) and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Unless otherwise indicated photocopies of entry coupons are not accepted. Where a winner has been selected and Ultimate Homes discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one Entry, Ultimate Homes reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
11. Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
12. Only one entry per person will be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this term by, for example, the use of 'brute force', 'script' or any other automated means, that person/those e-mail addresses will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
13. There is no purchase requirement to enter an online Competition. There is no charge to register with a Ultimate Homes website if registration is required as part of the entry process.
14. Where an offer is made for participation in a Competition involving a premium rate telephone call (where charges are a minimum of 50 pence in addition to the standard network charge), the Competition Notice will include details of the charge and any other guidance to which Ultimate Homes must include in compliance with Phone-pay-plus rules. Where entry to a Competition is by premium rate service, a free entry route may also be provided at the discretion of the relevant Ultimate Homes publication.
15. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. Ultimate Homes cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to Entries, or Entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
16. Entrants should note that unless stated otherwise, Ultimate Homes does not accept responsibility for the return of any Entries, including those consisting of artistic or other material.
17. The prize is a studio apartment located in Liverpool, Colonial Chambers, 3-11 Temple Street L2 5RH. The size of the studio apartment is 250 sq. ft; the prize is now in development and is expected to be ready before December 2018.
18. The competition closes on the 30th of March 2018. Competition winner will be chosen at random by PROMO VERITAS (http://www.promoveritas.com/) who will insure the fairness and the integrity of the price draw, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice from all qualifying Entries within 28 days of the closing date. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
19. Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published in the Ultimate Homes publication in which the competition appeared and on the relevant publication’s website.
20. An independent lawyer will be appointed to act on behalf of the Competition winner(s)’ in connection with the transfer of the Prize to the Competition winner(s)’. Ultimate Homes will pay all costs and expenses incurred in by the Prize winner(s)’ in connection with such transfer and the registration of the Prize in the name of the Competition winner(s)’ at H M Registry.
21. The Transfer of the Prize to the Prize winner will be by way of a Lease for a term of 250 years from 1st January 2017 and the Prize winner will be responsible for payment of a ground rent of £250.00 per annum (reviewed every five years of the term and increased if applicable by a percentage equal to the percentage rise shown for the previous five year period by the index of Retail Prices) and a Service Charge calculated to be a fair and just proportion of the cost of insurance, maintenance, repair and management of Colonial Chambers. A copy of the Lease is available on the Ultimate Homes Internet Site. The Lease contains the rights and obligations granted to or imposed on the owner of the Prize and is in a form widely used in the disposition of apartments in apartment blocks. Entrants are advised to read the Lease.
22. Following the Transfer of the Prize to the Prize winner the Prize winner will be free to sell or retain the Prize.
23. Claims for prize must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. The winner is responsible of acquiring the prize; a dedicated lawyer will be directly in charge of the contract with the prize winner. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
24. Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. Ultimate Homes reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
25. Prizes are awarded at the discretion of Ultimate Homes and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
26. Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. Ultimate Homes reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
27. In consideration of Ultimate Homes agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that Ultimate Homes (and third parties authorised by Ultimate Homes) may make any and all Entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. You now grant Ultimate Homes (and third parties authorised by Ultimate Homes) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
28. Ultimate Homes does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. Ultimate Homes may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
29. Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Ultimate Homes reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
30. Ultimate Homes cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Ultimate Homes is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Ultimate Homes’ liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
31. Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Ultimate Homes reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
33. The Competition and Rules will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.